Call for Artists! “Canada 150+: What’s Your Story?”
Deadline for applications: June 6, 2017
You're invited to create a work of art on the theme “Canada 150+: What’s Your Story?” to illustrate your own personal story of Canada! The theme is open to a broad range of interpretation - explore your roots, your personal history or your daily experience through any visual art media!
Artwork will be displayed in a 5-week community exhibition of art and artefacts in the Art Gallery and Museum from June 13 - July 15, 2017.
Application forms can be downloaded here (PDF).
Application deadline: Tuesday June 6, 2017
In the lead-up to the exhibition we are offering a series of workshops in May and June that will give people tools to explore and preserve their personal history, or represent their story creatively through a work of art. Click HERE for more details!
- One artwork per person
- Maximum size 30” (both dimensions)
- Artwork must be your original work
- All media accepted including 3D artwork
- Artwork must be submitted in ready-to-hang condition (i.e. with hanging wire)
- Age limit: 13+
- Artwork does not have to be for sale. Commission rate of 25% Gallery/Museum members, 35% non-members will apply to sales
- Artwork dropoff: Sunday June 11, 2017
Smithers Art Gallery and the Bulkley Valley Museum are excited to be collaborating on our project "Canada 150+: What's Your Story?", a community exhibition and series of thematic workshops through which we hope to engage and bring together our diverse community to build a better understanding of our different experiences and shared commonality.