Job Opportunity: Gallery Manager
Closing date: April 18, 2018
Job Title: Gallery Manager (30-40 hours per week)
Reporting to: Smithers Gallery Association Board of Directors
The Smithers Art Gallery is looking for an energetic individual who will be responsible for the overall running of the Smithers Art Gallery. She/he will liaise with the board, work with volunteers and provide public relations for the Gallery. As Gallery Manager, you will be responsible for the Gallery as well as our satellite workshop location; you would also assist our transition to a potentially new location in the future.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Extremely well-organized
- Enjoy working with artistic, creative personality types
- Enjoy working with all age levels, especially children
- Detail oriented -- membership and sales data management, bookkeeping entries, etc
- Supervisory abilities-- summer students, staff, volunteers
- Excellent time management skills, able to meet tight deadlines
- Comfortable working in a non-profit organization reporting to a Board of Directors, compiling Annual Reports, assisting with committees, etc
- General office and facility management
- Marketing and promotion -- working with social, digital, and traditional media and familiar with graphic design and desktop publishing applications
- Grant writing
- Art exhibition management
- Fundraising experience
- Gallery/art workshop programming experience
- Related bachelor’s degree or 2-year business administration diploma or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with non-profit agencies a plus
The Gallery Manager position is a year-round, full-time position starting asap. Hours are flexible and average 30 - 40 hours/week. Wages are commensurate with experience.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Gallery Manager position” in the subject line. Only those shortlisted will be contacted. This position will close April 18, 2018.