JOB POSTING: Programming Coordinator
Job Opportunity: Programming Coordinator (Part Time)
Organization: Smithers Art Gallery
The Smithers Art Gallery has been in operation for over 45 years and continues to grow and expand its role in the community through public art exhibitions, art education for children and adults, special events, and a retail space for artists and artisans.
With the addition of our new workshop space – Creation Station – we are looking for an enthusiastic Programming Coordinator to expand our art education opportunities and grow our short term space rentals. Your duties include setting up seasonal workshop series, registration for courses, billing and contracts for rentals and instructors, building an instructor database and building relationships with other community organizations. The ideal candidate can work on multiple projects at once and has the people skills to communicate with clients and staff professionally. You will report to the Gallery Manager but be able to work independently.
- General office and facility management
- Liaise with artists/instructors
- Coordinate contracts and billing for facility/courses
- Arrange visual art workshop series for children and adults
- Coordinate registrations and rentals
- Secure and book instructors for workshop series
- Marketing and promotion through social and traditional media
- Develop relationships with other community groups/organizations
- Assist with grant or report writing as it relates to the position
- Excellent communication skills
- Extremely well organized
- Competent with Microsoft Office including Publisher and Excel
- Gallery/art workshop programming experience
- Social media marketing skills
- Completed a degree in fine arts, business administration or a related field. Relevant education and practical experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of local artists and the visual arts scene is considered an asset
This is a 10 month position working an average of 17 hours/week. Salary is $20/hour.
How to Apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Programming Coordinator Position”. Only those short listed will be contacted. This position will close once filled.