Valley Youth Show - submission form and information!
May 17-June 18, 2016
Smithers Art Gallery is inviting students in Grades 8-12 to participate in an exhibition of their artwork in the “Valley Youth Show” from May 17-June 18, 2016!
- This exhibition is open to all students currently in Grades 8-12 who are being educated in the Bulkley Valley between Hazelton and Houston
- Students who graduated in 2015 may also exhibit works produced during high school
- Max. 3 works per student (we cannot guarantee that every work will be able to be exhibited if we have a large response)
- All media are eligible, including 3-D work
How to participate
- Each student must complete a submission form giving details of their works and submit it to the gallery by Tuesday May 10, 2016 in order to be included in the show. Forms should be submitted by email to email@example.com or dropped off at the Gallery during open hours (Tues-Sat 12-4pm).
- Artwork must be submitted in ready-to-hang condition – i.e. with a frame or mounted on a firm backing and with hanging wire installed.
- Artwork must be clearly identified on the back with the student’s name, grade, school, title of the piece, and price or NFS (Not For Sale) when it is dropped off. Artwork ID Labels will be sent to you by email for this purpose. The gallery will produce the labels used for exhibiting the art, this is just to identify your work.
Artwork does not have to be for sale. If the student wishes to sell their work, the gallery will charge a commission of 25% for members/35% for non-members on the sale price if the work sells. The sale price is determined by the student. Unsold artwork will return to the student at the end of the show. Memberships are $25.00, valid May 1-April 30 annually, and would need to be taken out by the first day of the exhibition to qualify for the reduced commission rate. The gallery is required to charge buyers 7% PST on the sale price.
There will be an opening reception on Friday May 20, 7-9pm. This is a free event and open to the public. Exhibiting students and their friends and families are all welcome and encouraged to attend!
Artwork must be dropped off at the gallery on:
THURSDAY MAY 12, between 12pm-4pm
After the exhibition, artwork must be picked up on:
SATURDAY JUNE 18, between 4pm-6pm