Memberships are a vital way of supporting the Gallery, helping it to remain the preeminent visual arts facility in the Bulkley Valley. The Gallery is almost entirely volunteer-run and operates on grants and donations from the public. Your membership fees go directly to fund exhibitions, workshops, community art events, kids' programs and to building a vibrant arts community here in northwest BC.
Membership fee: 25.00 (valid May 1 - April 30)
Member discounts & benefits
- Discounts and special offers at select Smithers stores (see graphic below)
- Discounts on art workshops and classes
- Exhibiting work at a reduced commission rate
- Renting the gallery space for meetings or events at a reduced hourly rate
- Reciprocal membership benefits at 27 participating art galleries and museums
- Being featured in our online Artist Directory
- Being eligible to purchase artwork on our layaway Payment Plan
- Receiving special e-bulletins about upcoming shows, workshops and events
- A vote at the AGM
How to become a member
- MAIL: Download a membership form and mail it to us with your cheque made payable to 'Smithers Art Gallery'. We will send you your membership card by mail.
- IN PERSON: Come by the Gallery during our open hours. Payment can be made by cash, cheque, credit, or debit.
- PHONE (credit card payments only): Call us on (250) 847-3898 - we will take your details and payment over the phone and mail you your membership card.
- PAYPAL (*NEW!): Complete your details below and click submit to be taken to the Paypal page; we will mail you your membership card when we receive notification of your payment.