Clay Technical Seminar (2 evenings)
Mondays April 29 & May 6 6-9 pm
Fee: $60 members / $65 non-members
For those who are interested in building their knowledge about the technical aspects of working in clay or setting up a functional home studio.
Learning is reinforced through discussion, demonstration and take-home materials. Please note that this class does not involve making.
Topics may include (to be determined by participants):
· clay bodies - understanding the properties of different types of clay
· material handling, health & safety in glazes
· mixing your own glazes, materials, measuring and adjusting specific gravity
· glaze application
· different types of kilns and firing – methods, fuels etc.
· how to load and fire a kiln – bisque and glaze firing (focus on electric fired, oxidation atmosphere) the use of pyrometric cones
· care and maintenance of kilns, kiln shelving and kiln posts
HOW TO REGISTER
Registration and pre-payment are required. Sign up at the gallery, or by phone with a credit card: 250-847-3898.
Cancellation policy: 50% refund on cancellations made 48hrs or more prior to the workshop
Discounts are offered to members. Memberships are $25 (valid April 1-March 31). Click here for details on how to become a member.
The Spring 2018 Workshops are brought to you at a subsidized cost thanks to the generous support of Nature's Pantry!